Tuesday 11 June 2013

happyyounglove

also known as Adam, a friend I made in secondary school, has a blog and well, I'm envious of him.
He turned his dreams into a reality, his dreams of travelling. 
And well, i'm envious cos he actually made his dream of travelling come true.
I'm envious because I know I'm too restricted, too insecure of the future, too afraid of the unknown to actually get off my ass and make my dreams come true.

His blog is also full of photographs.
Photographs of which are so full of life, which I too, am envious of.
The thing about photos or pictures is that as silent as they are, they can scream so much emotion.
Let's be honest, thanks to all the people who read my blog and complimented my photos but they're pretty amateur.
It's also because I'm afraid. 
Afraid of people judging me on the object that I'm taking a photo of, or how I take the photo, or if I'll get scolded by people when I take photos of strangers.
Fear.
And I've always had this theory; in order to be a great photographer, one that tells stories with photos, one must not be afraid, which I am.

So yeah, Adam's photos are so full of life, probably because he isn't afraid, and I'm envious of that. 
I hope he continues taking amazing photos and his blog is wonderful.

Apologies for the photo-less and word heavy post, I won't make it a habit.
Anyway, visit his blog happyyounglove.com
I'll be developing my next roll next week so a new film week post should be up in 2 weeks 
BAI
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment